July 23, 2006

What's New...

Hello all...it's been a CRAZY last couple of weeks and the craziness (sp?) will continue for 3 more weeks! A few weekends ago we were able to see "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" thanks to my Grandma and G-Pop watching the Colester! We went with Jamie, Em, and Brian "Twin" Smitty. It was definitely a good time and I highly recommend the movie. It's a great one and LOTS of action scenes. Johnny Depp just plays the PERFECT pirate, does he not? :) After the movie, Em and I trekked down to David's Bridal and bought (FINALLY) her wedding dress...I can't believe she's getting married. She is going to look STUNNING in the dress she picked out. I vowed I would not tell what it looked like, but let me tell you, she is a BABE!!!

Let's see...we had Mary's bachelorette party on July 22nd and the 23rd up in Ventura and Santa Barbara! What a great time! We drove up Saturday morning and checked into the Country Inn & Suites right off of the freeway. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Ventura...the hotel room was very spacious and they served a full complimentary breakfast (eggs, hash browns, sausage, biscuits and gravy along with all the other "continental breakfast" items) making it worth it! :) We headed up to Santa Barbara to have dinner on the pier at Moby Dick's...and saw a breathtaking sunset from our table. And then we headed to Carpinteria for dessert at, where else, but Rainbow Ice Cream Shoppe! A favorite of Mary's and all us girlies! After that we went back to the hotel and proceeded to stay awake for hours and hours just chatting away! In the morning, we were RUDELY awakened by the alarm clock that went off at 6:30 a.m. with the volume turned to max on a radio station with static. I swear I jumped out of my pj's and then back into them. It scared the *%#& out of me! :) Well, I could not fall back asleep so got up and read and then took a shower, and got all the other girls up and headed down to breakfast. On our way home, we of course, hit up the local Starbucks, and headed to my parent's home where Mary had prepared a Bridal Tea for us! Actually, my mom and Mary's mom did most of the preparations...it was SO beautiful! And the best part of all, we got to keep our teacups as our attendant gift...very cute idea Mary! :)

Here is a picture of Mary's Bridal Party (minus Kelsey) at her Lingerie Shower that happened on the 8th of July!

No comments: