August 18, 2006

T.G.I.F!!

Hello all...just thought I would jot down a few things! This week has been pretty packed! On Tuesday night, after Justin took off, Cole and I met up with Debra and Beast and we trekked down to Wana Iguana for some dinner outside on the patio. I had such an awesome time chatting with you Deb, and I feel very lucky that we are so close in proximity so we can get together often (hopefully!!). Mike started back to work on Monday after being off for his 2 week break from teaching summer school! It has been crazy and I pray that he just gets through next week as it is his last week of summer school at CSUN and going down to Northridge 3 nights a week! He is a stallion for taking on this crazy schedule!! The kids came back to school on Wednesday and he said the first day went really well. We spent some time in his classroom putting up bulletin boards, cleaning, and organizing on Sunday and Tuesday and I must say, the room looks great. He also made two new additions to the room...baby ball pythons! Cole and I went to visit and meet them last night and they are very cool! They are about 1 1/2 feet long and about 9 or 10 weeks old. I must admit that I was pretty nervous holding them, but I'll get used to it. While I was holding the boy snake, Cole came whipping around a corner of the classroom, fell and smashed his face on the not-so-padded carpet. He immediately started crying and Mike grabbed him up and blood came rushing out of his mouth! That was when Mike really freaked out and I put the snake back in the cage and ran to help. We're still not sure what exactly was bleeding in his mouth, but let's just say that Cole's shirt, Mike's shirt and some carpet has the proof. He ended up crying for about 3 or 4 minutes, while bleeding everywhere, saw the snakes in the cage and immediately started saying, "Turtles, turtles" and was fine. (Most animals these days are turtles to Cole) While he was recovering, he just kept saying, "Mama, mama, mama, nuk, mama." I tell ya, he just melts my heart when I'm the one to comfort him. He's such a trooper and a little boy. And I must say, he is quite the awesome sleeper. It's 10:22 right now and he is still asleep from last night. He'll probably get up in the next 30 minutes. He pretty much sleeps for 12 hours and we put him to bed at about 10:40 last night.. I feel so blessed to have such an easy child!! I have the day off from watching Justin, as his parents are celebrating their 5th wedding anniversary in San Diego this weekend, so I'm going to try and catch up on some stuff today and take the Colester for a walk to the park around the corner from our house. Have a fabulous weekend everyone!!!

No comments: