September 8, 2006

Friday Update on Dad...

Hello, hello. So last night Emilie, Brice, Cole and I were able to visit my dad. He was taken out of I.C.U. late Wednesday night and put in a regular room at Holy Cross. On Wednesday, the nurses got him out of his hospital bed and into a chair to sit up. I know he loved it because when my mom and I were down there, he had us rub his back and neck most of the time because he was sore from laying down so much. He has his own private room w/ a bathroom and shower which is really nice. Last night he was also sitting in a chair when we arrived and looked really good. I rubbed his back and neck again for a while and we just sat and caught up and watched a little tv with him, trying to just keep him relaxed. This morning, I got a call from my mom and he did okay during his second angioplasty procedure. The cardiologist, Dr. K., installed 2 more stents (they were only planning on putting 1 in, so that was kind of a shock to us), and repaired the same artery that they worked on on Tuesday as it had already started clotting again. :( They will be putting him on some medications to hopefully help stop more damage from happening and possibly repairing some parts of his heart. Dr. K. said that his heart is pretty diseased and it will be a long road for recovery as he will have to change a lot of things i.e. diet, exercise and stuff. They were planning on returning him to his regular room after his post-op checkup and letting him rest for the day. The doc said that he may be released as early as tomorrow afternoon, depending on his strength. Please pray for continued recovery and that the stents that they installed will do their job and help keep my Pop's heart beating for a long time! He's got a daughter to walk down the aisle in a couple of months and I'm sure more grandchildren to meet, hopefully in the near future!!! :) (No, I'm not pregnant right now) Side note...Em and I are singing in a wedding tomorrow and would appreciate your prayers for that too as with all the goings-on in the last week, we haven't been able to practice as much as we would have liked. We'll see how it goes! :) The rehearsal is tonight...maybe they'll fire us on the spot! :) Anyway, our whole family appreciates the thoughts and prayers of everyone and I'm still so thankful for how amazing the support has been through this whole ordeal! I'll give more updates when I have the chance or if anything changes. See ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Renelle,
Thanks for the updates! I have been been checking your blogs ever since I recieved your phone call.... My family and I have been and will continue to pray for Trout and your family.
Love Ya Lots!!!