September 19, 2006

Today is Tuesday...not Friday, right?!

Wow...what a weekend...Friday and Saturday were spent up at my parent's house getting ready for Emilie and Brice's Kitchen Shower. Friday morning was actually spent having breakfast with Kristal, Debra, Julie & Maddy, and Becky at Egg Plantation. Thanks girls for including me...it was a great time catching up with all of you, especially you, Kristal! Friday evening was spent with Kristal, Shaun and baby Natalie at Chi Chi's Pizza...it sure was tasty (that was for you Kristal :) and then we all went up to my mom and dad's home for a quick visit. Saturday morning and afternoon was spent readying the house for the party. The shower was great fun and we had a good turn out. Almost all of their bridal party and groomsmen attended and some family on both sides. Brice's mom even took a 10 hour train ride from New Mexico to surprise the two of them! We had a great time, great food, and great music. My dad was able to play some tunes which I know was a good thing for him. Emilie serenaded Brice with a special surprise song...that she could barely get through. :)

And I would just like to mention, that I have an incredible hubby. He spent HOURS on Thursday and Saturday taking care of my parents front and backyards. He mowed lawns, edged, trimmed bushes, washed off patios and the driveway, hosed down the garage doors, and I sure a bunch of other stuff. He has such a good heart and I'm so thankful for his servant attitude. It means so much to me that he would be willing to do all that for my parents. I love you tons, Mikey.

My dad is doing better each day. He still gets tired easily, but that's to be expected, I think. He even ventured out by himself to the post office on Saturday and I sure enjoyed that 30 minutes of freedom. :) He has gone to 3 doctor's appointments in the last 10 days, and I think they are pretty happy with the results with all his tests. Please keep praying for his recovery and for the rest of the family to continue to get rest and keep up with the rest of the world!!

I'll post some pictures of the shower when I get them from Em...

1 comment:

Julie said...

Wonderful news! Great to see you the other day!