September 6, 2006

Nightly Update on Dad...

Hi there everyone...I was able to go down to the hospital this morning with my mom for about an hour and was very glad to see that my dad was awake and much more coherent and responsive. He was actually bummed at my mom for not getting there faster and said he was worried about her. But was able to get about 4 hours of sleep over the course of the night. He didn't like his night nurse too much, but at least he's in good hands. They were able to have him walk over to a chair in his room in the I.C.U. and sit up for a while, which he was really happy about! His color was looking great and he was actually a bit feisty with the nurses while Em and Mom were visiting this evening, joking around with the nurses and stuff. :) His cardiologist stopped by to check on him while Em and Mom were in the room and said to them that he reviewed by dad's chart from start to finish and retracted his comment from the day before...he would have only given him a 5 - 10% chance of survival, instead of the 30% chance from yesterday if he had been at Henry Mayo because of the nurses and paramedics not being able to get a blood pressure reading (0/00) and only being able to get his pulse on his carotid artery. It truly is a miracle that he survived this ordeal and that he was there for me to hug today!! They are going to do his second stent angioplasty around 9:00 a.m. on Friday before they release him which we are very excited about. Please continue to pray for his recovery and for the doctor's hands on Friday morning when they do the next surgery. So far so good, but they warned us that there can be many complications from stents. I still can't believe that my dad had a massive heart attack...I just think it's still so surreal. It was really something out of ER that I would watch on tv, not something that would happen to my Pop! :) I'm so glad that the Lord was on his and our side yesterday and we are so thankful for the thoughts and prayers!!!

No comments: