October 30, 2007

Introducing...

So, we finally have names for our new family members! It took a while and we had a few friends with input, but Mike and I chose these names at about midnight on Sunday night! Our little boy's name is...














Neo...and our little girl's name is...














Trinity. Just like from the Matrix which just so happens to be one of our favorite movies! Let me know what you think! They are doing pretty well!

On the other hand, our (favorite) cat, Tux, was in a cat fight on Saturday morning and got a GIANT gash under his armpit. We took him to the vet and he is having surgery this morning to close the gaping hole in his side. I was definitely sad to leave him overnight and to hear that he has to have surgery, but the vet said it was the best thing to do as almost every wound from a cat fight gets infected, and that can turn ugly very fast. I did take a picture of the wound, so here it is...it's pretty gnarly in real life.


Tux was great at the vet and was purring on the vet table and at one point, even fell asleep. What a good boy! His surgery will be at about 9:30 this morning, so if you read this around that time, please pray that everything will go well! I know he's just a cat, but he's part of our family and has been since right after we got married. I'm sure he'll do well...he will have to have one of those lampshade things around his neck when he comes home...that's what I'm worried about. I'm sure he'll be trying his darndest to get that thing off. :) I'll try and do an update when we bring him home.

No comments: