December 17, 2008

What a weekend!

Wow...I'm glad it's over, but it was GREAT! Here are how things went down...

On Friday, we had our first performance of the SCV Candlelight Christmas Concert at Grace. I had my camera with me the whole time, so unfortunately, I have no pics of the choir and orchestra. We all did wonderfully, including mom with her bum hand, and afterward, we went out to In-and-Out with Cheryl, Zach and Emily. We had a blast watching my little man entertaining everyone with his stories and songs...thanks guys for making it out for the concert and hanging for a bit! It was a lot of fun!!! Now, home to study for a midterm at 8:00 a.m....

On Saturday, Which ended up being at 10:30 a.m. because my instructor's car broke down. :( But me and all the classmates ended up studying in the hallway and crammin' for the last bit of info. It worked and I pulled off a 96% on the midterm (which is 20% of my grade for the class!) WAHOO! :) The fam and I had lunch and then I had to get ready for the 4:30 p.m. call time for the next concert. It went very well again and Cole and I took some pictures...

Me and my sweet boy...
Mom, Cole and I...We, of course, needed to throw in a silly one!!! :)
And then we headed off to Aaron's Graduation Party at the Precht's home...Aaron graduated from the Nursing program at C.O.C. on Wednesday and there was a big bash for him celebrating his success!!! Aaron, I'm so very proud of you and can't wait to hear all your future nursing stories!!! Here are some pics from the party!
Aaron and I...
Sam and I...
Seth and I...
Samantha and I...
Jill and I -
Mom, TJ and Tyler warming up in the living room...
And Mom, Judy and Seth warming their buns up by the nice fire...
It was a VERY fun and very late night, so...

On Sunday, Cole and I slept in and enjoyed a quiet morning. We had lunch together and then I had to get ready for the last Christmas performance. The Grace choir is certainly something special to be a part of and I'm SO very grateful to have been a part of it for 1 year! I started the first week in January and have been carried through this last year on prayers and support from my choir family. Thank you!

After the concert, Cole and I headed out to dinner at Stonefire with mom & dad, Emilie & Brice, Aunt Cheryl & Uncle Tedd, and Aunt Jenny & Uncle Rod. We had such a good time eating and chatting the evening away! It was super-loud in there, but we still had a great time. Good food, good family...how much better can it get??? :) We said our goodbyes and headed home....to my sweet bed! Cole and I had a fun night reading Christmas stories and snuggling up! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats again on your terrific nursing score! I'm glad that the Grace concert was successful. I'm sure everybody loved it.

summer... said...

miss you! thanks for hanging with the kids. hugs.

Laina Diane said...

What a great weekend. And the concert was amazing. Sorry we missed In-N-Out =(
Awesome job on your midterm. See? You had nothing to worry about. I'm so proud of you