December 11, 2008

Stitches, Thanksgiving, Terrific Tots and Christmas Cuteness...

So here are a bunch of updates that have happened over the last month...I know, I'm a slacker. The first picture may make you queasy...proceed with caution. ;)

My mom's stitches after the dressing fell off...it wasn't a pretty sight. She sliced her finger open somethin' fierce while trying to flatten a box outside in the backyard. Blood gushing...the whole she-bang. This all happened 45 minutes before Mary's baby shower for little Wyatt James a couple of Sundays ago. I immediately told her to just GO and get everything stitched up because there was NO way that wound was going to stop bleeding on it's own. Thankfully, she only missed about 45 minutes of the shower and we all just ate and chatted so she could join us for the fun stuff. :) It's healing pretty nicely, although when they took the stitches out, it was still just gaping...weird! She's playing in the Grace Christmas concerts this weekend against her doc's orders! YIKES! There are no replacements for harp, so apparently she just needs to suck it up. She'll do wonderfully!On to Thanksgiving Day...
Brice, Mom and Uncle Tedd (always goofing off!) getting some GOOD grub! :)
Thanksgiving dinner with the Duncans...MMMmmm! Thanks Aunt Cheryl and Grandma Vi for such a tasty meal and fun time with the family...we need to do that more often!
The cousins...Emilie, Kacy, Renelle and Philip...on Thanksgiving Day!

We all enjoyed playing a couple of rounds of Cranium after the big feast...here are some pictures from the games!! Kace reading "a question out loud and passing it to the team." :)Aunt Cheryl SO EXCITED that Brice was guessing the right thing!!!
The other team deep in thought, trying to figure out the question...
Brice and Phil had to act something out...together...quality laughs!
Time for Terrific Tots...
Cole's Preschool Christmas class picture!
Cole with Miss Laura and the one and only girl in the class, Morgan, having so much fun outside!
Auntie Emilie and I conducted Circle Time and sang "Holiday" :( songs with the kiddos...we sang The Twelve Days of Christmas, Jingle Bells (as pictured below) and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. It was a blast!
Cole opening his gift exchange book...it was a Kung Fu Panda book...he LOVED it!
Cole with Miss Anita and Miss Laura on his last day of Preschool in 2008! They are WONDERFUL teachers and we are both so thankful for them!Cole looking pretty cute (I must say) in front of our Christmas tree this year!
He even knows how to pose...I seriously didn't tell him anything...what a natural stud! :)
I have my first midterm for my Pharmacy Technician program this Saturday and would appreciate any and all prayers you can send my way! So far, the class is going very smoothly and I have a 95% in the class. :) YAY ME! :) I'd love it to stay that way and this midterm is 20% of my entire grade in the class...hopefully I'll do well. It's only happening on the most busy weekend of all for me with all the GBC Christmas concerts going on as well. I'm hoping to get some studying done today and tomorrow morning, then it's all up to the brain retaining and spitting it out at the right time. Next week, I'll try and post some pictures from the concert and Aaron's Nursing Graduation Party from this weekend!! Enjoy yours and come to the concerts if you can! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cole looks way too big! Cool post! Yippee for family time, good test scores, and PRECIOUS Coleford!!!

Anonymous said...

Cole is getting SO big! Wowzers. And what a cutie pie he is!

I love all your pictures (well except for your mothers injury). I hope your mom heals quickly and is able to play the beautiful harp for all the concerts.

Good luck with your midterm! I didn't know you were training to become a Pharmacy Technician. Good for you. You and your family have definitely been in my family's thoughts and prayers.