December 31, 2008

What a year this has been!

I hope and pray that you had a marvelous Christmas with your family and friends! I certainly did! I, however, did not get too many pictures of Christmas Day. :( It was a day of family and friends surrounding us, good food, gifts under the tree, entertainment by a 3-year-old, and lots of great memories! Remembering that amazing birth so long ago, in a town far, far away was the center of everything this year and Cole reminded me of that every time he looked at his own little nativity scene that was given to him by his friend, Faith. :) He also loved arranging and rearranging Mary, Kyle and Baby Jesus! :) He would then correct himself and say, "Oh no, no, not Kyle...it's Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus." He certainly loves his Auntie Mary and Uncle Kyle, although they are so very far from us now. On that note, I would like to post a very BIG congratulations to Mary & Kyle on the birth of their beautifully handsome son, Wyatt James, on Christmas Eve! Wyatt made his way into this world of ours at 3:14 p.m., weighing in at 6 lbs 10 ozs and measuring 18 1/2 inches long. Wyatt, we can't WAIT to meet you, little man. We are so thankful for you, your mama and your papa. :)

This year has been one for the books for me. It has had SO many ups and downs, highs and lows, and has been a constant reminder that I need to rely on the Lord to give me strength and hope. Although this year has disappointed me in so many ways, it has been so encouraging and wonderful. Knowing that God has me and my son in HIS hands at ALL times is wonderful! Knowing that things WILL be alright is encouraging! Knowing that my family is ALWAYS there for me, no matter WHAT comes my way is wonderful! Knowing that I have countless friends that will CONSTANTLY support me and PRAY for me is so encouraging! Thank you to those who have kept me and Cole and my family in your prayers...I do not have any way to clearly express how much it has meant to me. THANK YOU!!!!

How exciting that a new year is upon us! What will this new year bring? Who will it bring into our lives? Where will we go over the next 12 months? Only the Lord knows and we will just have to WAIT UPON HIM! I think the biggest test that I have had to go through this year is waiting. Waiting seems to be one of the hardest trials to endure, as there is no end in sight. You just have to wait for the answer and wait with patience, confidence and more patience! And with the right attitude and mindset. Isaiah 40:31 says, "Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary." I have certainly gained a new strength in this process!! Although I have needed some time to rest along the way, rest my soul, I have not grown tired and weary but have become energized by the Lord!!! I pray all the time that the Lord will continue to give me that strength to endure. 1 Corinthians 10:24 exclaims, "Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win."

I
will run.

I will run to win.

Run with me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah. Well said. I loved your writing. I'm glad I've been able to be there for you and glad I have been there with you to watch you grow and run in this difficult year. Love ya lots!

summer... said...

well... make me cry why don't you! i love you deeply. you are a constant encouragement to me in these times where God is stretching you and dragging you. i am encouraged that you go with Him, even when it hurts. He has transformed you into an even more beautiful person this year... i am sure He will do the same again! hugs.

Lindsay said...

Awesome post girly, and I love the look of your new blog, you inspired me to change things around. I love ya!!!