August 22, 2007

A Big Step in Our Christian Walks...

On Sunday, August 19th, Mike and I had the privilege to be baptized at Grace in the amphitheatre. We talked about getting baptized for at least 2 years and never got around to doing it, always coming up with an excuse or something else. But, my dad (persistence always wins!!) sent me yet another email letting me know that there was going to be another night for baptisms coming up in August, thinking maybe this would be the time. Well, I forwarded the email to Mike, and he took the steps to set it up and the rest is history. Todd Roughton was kind enough to dunk us and we feel privileged to have such a good friend be in there with us. It was an amazing night of testimonies and commitments to the Lord and Mike and I are so excited that we finally "took the plunge"...literally. :) We had a ton of family and friends there supporting us and it was just an awesome evening. Here are some pictures from the night...

Mike giving his testimony...


Todd praying for Mike...


Todd baptizing Mike...

A cute look between the two of us...and me giving my testimony


Todd praying for me...


Mike and Todd baptizing me...

All three of us hugging after both baptisms!!!

Thanks to Todd for baptizing Mike and I...it was a honor, dude! And a HUGE thank you to all of our friends and family for coming out to support us in our Christian walks. And last, but CERTAINLY not least, thank you to our Lord, for choosing us for His kingdom and for the blessings He bestows on us daily. We both hope You were pleased by or professions that night.

2 comments:

Kristal Sawyer said...

SO awesome that you guys could be baptized! And what an awesome location for it too. Very proud of you guys! WE love you!

Unknown said...

Yeah! What an awesome moment for you two and the Lord. I was so glad to witness it and hear both of your tesimonies! I love you both soooo much! You both make me so proud.