August 31, 2007

"Oh What a Beautiful Morning"

So, for the last week and a half, I have been getting up with Mike when he goes to work. I jump (roll) out of bed when the alarm goes off and trot (drag my body) down the hallway to the kitchen and whip both of us up a very tasty soy protein shake. Shaklee's Energizing Soy Protein Mix is really the best there is...I take a tall glass of 1% milk, two heaping spoonfuls of nonfat vanilla yogurt, 6 tablespoons of ESP Mix, and a couple big handfuls of either frozen or fresh fruit...enough for 2 glasses! They are so good, and they are so healthy!! Mike's energy level has really sustained over the whole day. I'm so glad he's not coming home and falling over into bed like he usually does as a result of having maintenance insomnia. :( Anyway...he's loved me getting up to get his shake and vitamins ready and see him off to work, and I've loved being up this early in the morning...really. I used to me a great morning person, but slowly, I became a "late" morning person as Cole slept until 9:30 or 10:00 a.m. or later. Now, I'm up around 6:15 a.m. and have a little time for myself in the morning to do devos or just a little bit of housework. It's been great. This morning, I was sipping on my mango, pineapple and strawberry (a.k.a. tropical frozen fruit mix) shake, sitting at the kitchen table, and looking out at my bird feeder in the backyard. Looking through the very dirty sliding glass door, I realized, man this thing really does get dirty in a matter of two days. There were fingerprints all over it, smudges, cat hair, and who knows what else, and I got discouraged. And then I looked at all those handprints, from my adorable, precious son and I realized that it will only be a while longer that he will be making those smudges all over the doors, and then he'll be tall enough to reach the handle. After realizing that it is not the end of the world to have sticky handprints all over the sliding glass door, I took a second look at the smudges and found this...look at the top handprint...I thought it was precious. He really does hold my heart in his hands! (And now I'm teary-eyed!)

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hi my special friend--

Your words were so true and so encouraging to me! I don't do well when my house is messy and sometimes I feel like all I do is walk around and pick up after everyone all day, but you are SO right and I need to remember that when I'm cleaning things up AGAIN! LOL...Miss you!!