August 30, 2007

I'm Melting....I'm Melting....

Oh my gosh...seriously...it's WAY too hot!!! When Mike came home today at 4:15 p.m. it was 111 degrees. MAN! I, who really do like summer, am officially done with the heat. I'm ready for fall, ready to wear a sweater, ready for the leaves to change color, ready for the smell of crisp weather. And I'm ready to go on our trip to the Poconos. Yes, are lucky enough to be able to attend my cousin's wedding in October and are taking a little over a week trip to Pennsylvania, New York, Philadelphia, and maybe a couple of other surrounding areas. If you have ever been on that side of the US of A and have any great ideas of sight-seeing/things to do, let me know. We are planning on going to Manhattan one day, Philadelphia another, but don't have any other set plans.

Found out yesterday that I have yet another ear infection...the second of this summer. It really stinks and it pretty darn painful. Luckily, this one is the least painful of all the ones I've had over the last 3 years (only 4, but they seem to hurt so much, they count double or triple). And Cole has a bit of a cold. I think this if the first time he's had a cold in well over a year. I don't remember the last time he had a sniffly nose. But he's still his amazing self. I swear, I'm the luckiest mama in the whole wide world with getting to be a steward over Cole. Pretty awesome.
Also wanted to wish Mike's mom, Michelle, a very happy birthday. She turned "29" yesterday and Cole was so excited to sing his Grammy the Happy Birthday song. It was also Cole's BFF Jeremy's birthday as well and Cole got to do double the singing! :) Happy Birthday to YOU!!!

On Saturday, our niece, Addison, is turning 2 and is having a big ol' pool party bash to celebrate. At least they have a pool to help cool us all down. However, I'm not supposed to submerge my ears, so I might be out of luck. I'll still have fun holding the new little Amelia. :)

That's all I have to report. Mike has back-to-school-night tonight and I need to arrange all the goodies we are bringing for the families. Brownies (my fav), oatmeal raisin cookies, and peanut butter cookies. TASTY! (That's for your Kristal) Hope you have a great weekend, and you don't melt away like I have been doing. Here's to living in SoCal, right?! :)

No comments: