May 29, 2006

Happy Birthday Dad!!








Happy Birthday to my daddy!!! My dad is so lucky to have his birthday on Memorial weekend almost every year!! To celebrate his birthday, my family...mom, dad, Mike, me, Cole, Emilie and Brice, drove up to beautiful Santa Barbara to visit the Santa Barbara Zoo. Cole's first visit to the zoo...and he really enjoyed it!! He really enjoyed being carted around and pointing out all the awesome animals to us! And there are a ton of just wild birds that fly over the park, we both were going crazy!! :) Here is a picture of the family at the Zoo. And there is a picture of Mike and Cole checking out one of the "Reptile House" exhibits. And if you are wondering about the picture of the giraffe...yes, it does have a broken neck. It's been that way since birth and is actually functions just the same as all the other giraffes, eating, playing and all that. Pretty unbelievable, that's for sure. The If you have never been to the S.B. Zoo, you need to go...not only is it a awesome zoo, but the landscaping and views are amazing!! And the weather is never too too hot because it's right next to beach. And it's not huge like the LA Zoo so you can view pretty much everything in about 3 hours or so. After the zoo, we drove down to Ventura to eat at Joe's Crab Shack, which was a pretty cool restaurant. The view was great too, the food so-so. It was a great way to spend Memorial Day with my family and my dad's 62nd birthday! Dad...I love you so very much and am so lucky to call you my dad and my friend! You are an amazing guy and are always so much fun! Here's to this next year...I pray that the Lord will richly bless it and many more to come!!! I love ya...Papua. :)

No comments: