May 14, 2006

Teacher Tribute Dinner Night!

On Thursday, May 11th, Mike was the KEYNOTE SPEAKER, yes ladies and gents...keynote speaker at the most prestigious event of the year for all the Santa Clarita school districts. He was nominated by his principal, and then chosen out of over 130 first year teachers, to speak at this dinner in front of over 500 people. He was pretty nervous, but he did SO amazing. He had them laughing, sighing, crying, and laughing some more. After he finished, he received a standing ovation from over half of the attendees. Two other speakers that followed him said, "Wow, how am I to follow that?" and "I can't hold a candle to the rookie!" It was a great success and a high point of this pretty turbulent first year of teaching. He had so many, I'm talking at least 50 or 60, people come up to him after the event was over, and congratulate him, thank him, and hug him. It was a really fun night and so wonderful to see Mike in his element and do so well. I was definitely one proud wife and felt very lucky to be standing next to him. Here is a picture of him doing his thing!
And here's a picture of the program and our table's placecards...note the "Keynote Speaker" on Mike's! :)

3 comments:

Julie said...

WOW! You're a stud Mike! What an honor!! =)

Anonymous said...

WOW what an achievement! Congrats mike! I totally had to look at the programs closer because I thought that was mike on the front cover.... hahah! I was like he looks like he is flying! Wish I could have been there... from reading this and talking to Em it sounded amazing! Yay for knowing such amazing people- you koegles! ;)
Jammers

Anonymous said...

Congratulations brother. I wish I could have been there.